LAST UPDATED: May 17, 2022
II. The Information We Collect
a. The Information You Provide To Us
When you sign up and use the Service, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- E-mail address;
- Information about traffic violations;
- Phone number;
- Driver’s license information;
- Emergency contact information;
- Credit information;
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- Your search queries on the Website or the Mobile App.
We use Stripe, a third-party payment processing service provider, to collect credit card information. We do not collect or store any credit card information in connection with your use of the Service.
b. The Information Collected Automatically
When you use the Service, the software used in the Service may automatically collect the following information that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Your location, depending on the location settings of your device where you use the Service;
- Google Analytics for Firebase is an element of the Mobile App that analyzes how you interact with the Mobile App;
- IO is an element of the Mobile App that scans credit cards but does not store or transmit credit card information;
- Stripe is an element of the Mobile App that process payments on your credit card;
- SambaSafety is an element of the Mobile App that provides a driving records check on you, as the user of the Mobile App;
- Jumio is an element of the Mobile App that verifies the authenticity of your driver’s license and that it belongs to you;
- Crashlytics is an element of the Mobile App that analyses errors in connection with your use of the Mobile App;
- Google Cloud Messaging (“GCM”) is an element of the Mobile App that enables push messaging in connection with your use of the Mobile App;
- Plivo is an element of the Mobile App that enables us to send SMS messages to you; and
- Customer.io is an element of the Mobile App that enables us to send e-mail messages to you.
Most commercially available browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of device identifiers through “Limit Ad Tracking” or similar functionality. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Website or the Mobile App may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
c. Information Received from Third Parties
When you use the Service, we may receive information about the vehicle you use in connection with the Service from Ridecell, Inc. (“Ridecell”), which provides vehicle data services to Hui Car Share. This telematics data (“Telematics Data”) that we receive from Ridecell does not in and of itself identify you, but, when combined with other information about you, may constitute Personal Information. Telematics Data that we receive from Ridecell may include:
- Information about the vehicle you use in connection with the Service including, but not limited to, the location of the vehicle and technical information about the vehicle; and
- Information about the pickup station from which you pick up the vehicle and which return station you return the vehicle to, along with the associated timestamps.
III. For What Purposes Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the Personal Information about you for the following business purposes:
- Provide the features available in the Service;
- Verify your identity;
- Verify your driving record;
- Communicate with you about your account and activities in the Service and, in our discretion, changes to any Hui Car Share policy or notice;
- Audit and analyze the Service;
- Improve and manage the Service;
- Comply with Service-related license obligations;
- Manage the vehicles used in connection with the Service;
- Prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses of the Service;
- Ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service;
- Protect our rights and/or our property including, but not limited to, the vehicles; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information about you or otherwise with your consent.
IV. How We Disclose Personal Information About You
We may disclose Personal Information about you to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers: These may include, but are not limited to, service providers that host or operate the Service, store data relating to the Service, analyze data, process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or provide customer service.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates: Personal Information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Business transfers: In the event that Hui Car Share is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, Personal Information about you may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
- Legal disclosures: We may transfer and disclose Personal Information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law or a governmental authority requires it; to verify or enforce the Mobile App’s End User License Agreement (EULA) or the Website’s Terms and Conditions, or other applicable policies; to address fraud, security or technical issues; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect our rights or property or the security of third parties or the public.
V. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to Personal Information we store about you:
- The right to know what Personal Information we store about you. If you would like to know what Personal Information we store about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to promptly respond to your inquiry.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary Personal Information corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to do this is by accessing your profile information in the Service and by making any needed changes there. If you have questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the Personal Information we store about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- California law permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information about them to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. The information includes (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received Personal Information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year; and (iii) examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. Information Security
VII. Information Retention
VIII. International Transfers of Personal Information
Some elements of the Service may be hosted on servers located in countries outside of your own country. The laws applicable to the protection of Personal Information in such countries may be different from those applicable in your home country. By using the Service, you consent to Personal Information about you being transferred outside your own country.
IX. Children’s Privacy
The Service is not directed to children younger than thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), please do not use the Service and do not send any information about yourself to us.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you decide that you do not want us to share your personal information with third party companies for their marketing and promotional purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. In this e-mail, state that you would like Hui Car Share to not to share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Your opt-out request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date of which we receive it.
XII. Questions or Concerns?