Pricing may vary on the location and vehicle type of your rental. Refer to the tables below for pricing details.
Budget-Friendly Starting Rates
|1 Day (10–24 hours)||$109.50|
*Starting rate for a Toyota Prius. Prices vary by location and by vehicle model, so please check the app for the most up-to-date prices.
|Additional Mileage Fees||None|
*You are not charged for parking at your Hui pickup station.
We accept credit cards and debit cards. We do not accept prepaid cards or cash.
How are you cheaper than a rental car?
Whether you need a car for a day or for a week, it’s always cheaper to use Hui over traditional car rentals because the most expensive part of renting a car are rental-related fees.
Here are some questions that people must consider when renting a car through a traditional agency or Turo:
- What is the cost of my gas usage? Gas for a Oahu circle island drive costs roughly $15.
- Will I have to pay for mileage? With Hui, no. You could drive around the island 20 times if you wanted to, but after your first time, you’d probably find your time more valuable doing other things.
- How much will I pay for parking? Nightly parking in many places like Waikiki is as high as $50/night. With Hui, you can leave your car parked in your Hui pickup station for no fee.
- Do I have to pay for insurance? Many car rental companies use dark patterns to compel you to buy insurance that costs $12 per calendar day. That means that if you rent a car from 9AM on Monday to 9AM on Tuesday, the insurance cost is not $12, but $24 (because of the calendar day thing). Hui doesn’t charge extra for insurance.
- Will I need flexible bookings? Let’s say that you need a car for from Monday at 9AM and want to drive it through Tuesday at 9:30AM. By renting a car for that extra 30 minutes, you often have to pay the cost of another 24 hours. With Hui, you’re charged for 30 minutes of additional usage. For example, if your rental car costs $60/day you pay $60 to use that car for another 30 minutes.
- Am I locked into a minimum rental period? Many cars on Turo will have a minimum booking period of 3 days. All traditional rental cars have a minimum booking period of one day. With Hui, you can book a car for as little as 5 minutes, making it seamless for even quick runs to the grocery store. In Hawaii, most folks spend less than 4% of their time in their car. Never pay for a car for longer than you need to.
- Is a car rental company open at the time I need it? At the end of the day, you’re going to want a rental car that accommodates for your travel plans, not one that’s going to cause you to change your plans for. All Hui Car Share cars and stations are available 24/7 for pickup and dropoff.
We think you’ll love the experience. If we somehow have yet to convince you, give us a call!
I want to reserve a car for 1 day and 1 hour. How much will that cost?
The rate counter resets after 24 hours, which means that you can rent a car for 1 day and 1 hour at the cost of the daily rate ($109.50) plus the cost of 1 hour ($10.95) for a total rental price of $120.45.
What if I rented a car for 1 hour but need more time?
You can extend your reservation in the application. You will be charged the pro-rata hourly rate for any additional time that you use the car. You are not allowed to extend a reservation if someone has a car reserved after you.
What I rented a car for 6 hours but want to keep it for the day?
Extend your reservation in the app. If you extend your reservation to 24 hours, the price of your reservation will be capped at the hourly rate multiple of 10x.