Last modified: December 13, 2017
Servco Mobility Lab, LLC (“Hui Car Share”, the “Company”, “we”, or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.drivehui.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website; and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and is not designed to attract their attention. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it.
Types of Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide as part of a registration or application process, such as your driver’s license information, traffic abstract, and financial or credit information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to us at: Servco Mobility Lab, LLC, 2850 Pukoloa St., Unit A, Honolulu, Hawai’i 96819.
- Third Parties’ Information Collection and Use. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Servco Mobility Lab, LLC, 2850 Pukoloa St., Unit A, Honolulu, Hawai’i 96819.
International Data Transfers
The Company is a global business. To offer our services, we may need to transfer your personal information among several countries, including the United States, where we are headquartered. We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
email@example.com or by writing to us at: Servco Mobility Lab, LLC, 2850 Pukoloa St., Unit A, Honolulu, Hawai’i 96819.
LAST UPDATED: November 30, 2017
II. The Information We Collect
a) The Information You Provide To Us
When you sign up and use the App, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Driver’s license information; and photo
- Emergency contact information.
We use Stripe, a third-party payment processing service provider, to collect credit card information. We do not collect or store any credit card information in connection with your use of the App.
b) The Information Collected Automatically
When you use the App, the software used in the App may automatically collect the following information that may constitute Personal Information:
- The location of the vehicle operated in connection with your use of the App;
- Google Analytics for Firebase is an element of the App. Google Analytics analyzes how you interact with the App;
- Card.IO is an element of the App. Card.IO scans credit cards but does not store or transmit credit card information;
- Checkr.IO is an element of the App. Checkr.IO provides a driving records check on you, as the user of the App.
- Crashlytics is an element of the App. Crashlytics analyses errors in connection with your use of the App;
- Google Cloud Messaging (“GCM”) is an element of the App. GCM enables push messaging in connection with your use of the App.
- Sendgrid is an element of the App. Sendgrid enables us to send e-mail messages to you.
III. For What Purposes Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the Personal Information about you for the following business purposes:
- Provide the features available in the App;
- Verify your identity;
- Verify driving record
- Communicate with you about your account and activities on the App and, in our discretion, changes to any Toyota policy or notice;
- Audit and analyze the App;
- Improve and manage the App;
- Comply with App-related license obligations;
- Prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses of the App;
- Ensure the technical functionality and security of the App;
- Protect our rights and/or our property; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information about you or otherwise with your consent.
IV. How We Disclose Personal Information About You
We may disclose Personal Information about you to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers: These may include, but are not limited to, service providers that host or operate the App, store data relating to the App, analyze data, process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or provide customer service.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates: Personal Information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Business transfers: In the event that Toyota is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, Personal Information about you may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
- Legal disclosures: We may transfer and disclose Personal Information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law or a governmental authority requires it; to verify or enforce our Toyota Hui Car Share App User License Agreement (EULA) or other applicable policies; to address fraud, security or technical issues; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect our rights or property or the security of third parties or the public.
V. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to Personal Information we store about you:
- The right to know what Personal Information we store about you. If you would like to know what Personal Information we store about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to promptly respond to your inquiry.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary Personal Information corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to do this is by accessing your profile information in the App and by making any needed changes there. If you have questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the Personal Information we store about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- California law permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information about them to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. The information includes (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received Personal Information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year; and (iii) examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. Information Security
VII. Information Retention
VIII. International Transfers of Personal Information
Some elements of the App and/or our products and services may be hosted on servers located in countries outside of your own country. The laws applicable to the protection of Personal Information in such countries may be different from those applicable in your home country. You consent to Personal Information about you being transferred outside your own country.
IX. Children’s Privacy
The App is not directed to children younger than thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect personal data from children under thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), please do not use the App and do not send any information about yourself to us.
XI. Questions or Concerns?